Photo by Teymur Madjderey
A blog represents a special channel through which you can establish a unique relationship with the audience you are trying to reach. It doesn’t matter to which audience you are addressing your message what you need to do is to make it relevant for them.
Ok I leave this part of the job to Chris and Darren (BTW if you didn’t subscribe yet to their feeds and you are interested in related topics, subscribe now), but I would love to share my little piece of advice based on my experience and relationship that I have with my clients. It works for them so I thought you might find it useful too.
Stop saying that your blogs don’t stimulate discussion or that you rarely get comments. Instead of just reiterate press releases publishing the same content, think different and start to bring some funk to your blogs! For example:
- Give info behind the scenes
- Tell some stories making it personal (sometimes also fun! Why not…) and not faceless
- Talk about the process that leads to the creation of a service / product / project / movie-script / whatever
- Get relationships / partnerships by linking to other blogs in your industry
- Don’t forget that your blog has to be connected to your business plan & strategy
- …got the idea?!
These are my suggestions, but I’m honestly interested in hearing yours too! Feel free to add your advices, thoughts and also links to related posts. Your point of view can be helpful to other readers too
As usual you can comment here on the blog or via Twitter / Jaiku / Friendfeed. You can choose!
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to my blog
Do you want to send me a private comment about this post via email? No problem, you just need to click here »