Few months ago I created a ‘Tag Yourself’ tool here on my blog to learn something more about my audience.
For instance if I take Google Analytics, one of my favorite tools, I get good stats related to the geographical location, time, quantity, frequency, etc. but no info about more specific demographics data.
So I took all the data YOU sent and I created a tag cloud out of it. Here’s the result:
click on the picture to enlarge
Quite interesting and surprising isn’t it?
I knew that many of you are:
- bloggers and podcasters
- executives (CEO, CTO, etc.)
but I didn’t know that many of you are also
- song-writers / composers / music-addicted
One of the big surprises was to find new audiences like for example from the education field
- knowledge (knowledge-management)
It was GREAT to find out that I’m talking to people that are
I’m happy to hear that I can join and extend the conversation with you also on
Looking at smaller inputs I see that:
- some of you seem to have a family/children
- some other tags tell me that there are many digital natives in my audience
This is really helpful if I look at the different media consumption that you have. Life style is directly related to:
- how people consume, interact and communicate
- in which way, at what time and with which frequency they do it
When I see tags like PR, marketing, communication, startup, entrepreneur, etc. all these tags
- make me understand that I’m on the right path
- but that I have to pitch even more my content in this direction with specific strategies, case studies, looking at the needs the you might have in these niches
Is this, all this, relevant? Of course it is. What I’m sharing on this site is to help and stimulate constructive conversation with YOU. Every single bit of information that helps me to create a closer relationship with YOU is extremely important.
Thanks to all the readers and subscribers that took part in this first edition of ‘Tag Yourself’ and…
- if you didn’t take part in this first edition
- or if you want to submit newer tags that can better describe yourself
there’s no problem I will live it open to keep learning more about YOU.
Right now you can access to the ‘tag yourself page‘ from the sidebar and from the about page but if by the time you are reading this post I changed location snoop around the site I’ll try to keep it visible
Any suggestion about how should I mange ‘Tag Yourself’ from now on? What can be improved?
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to my blog
Do you want to send me a private comment about this post via email? No problem, you just need to click here »