- FriendFeed Blog: Custom FriendFeed themes and a way to show them off – Finally!
- Adverts fail to engage majority of social networkers – Telegraph – New research has shown adverts on social networking sites fail to engage 96 per cent of users, despite a rise in the number of brands opting in for promotion purposes.
- Will Tweet for Work | Fast Company – Still not sure about tweeting for work? Consider this: 80% of companies plan to use social networking to find and attract candidates this year, according to a study published by Jobvite recently. Though LinkedIn, with its resume-like format, emerged as the leading social media used for recruiting purposes, Twitter came in third with a whopping 42% of recruiters tapping it for potential candidates.
- Understanding Gartner’s Hype Cycles, 2009 – Key findings, in-depth view, recommendations. A must read if you still have no clear idea of what the hype cycle is.
- The Evolution of Blogging – As a society, we are entering an increasingly narcissistic phase, enabled by web technologiesâ€¦The evolution of blogging platforms needs to match these societal and demographic changes…Blogging platforms need to evolve from the hierarchical content-management systems of today to more fluid, free-flowing, more socially relevant and real-time lifestreaming systems.
- Twitter Announces Project Retweet – Soon RT [the retweet's] going to become a natively supported feature on twitter.com.
- Tweetmondo – Search Local Twitter Users – Tell where you are and they will show you other Twitter users close to you. The more precise your location is, equally more precise the results will be
- TweetRiver – Twitter for Business – Find every tweet to and about your business, route it to the appropriate resource, and respond or republish to the web.
- Wakoopa – Track your apps – How productive are you? Know what you use and for how long
- Twitter backlash foretold – Sneak peek at the Gartner Hype Cycle Report 2009
- Journalism.co.uk :: How to: write the perfect press release for journalists – Whether you think there’s a better alternative or you’d rather receive PR pitches by Twitter, press releases are still a popular format for public relations and communications teams when contacting journalists.
- The Importance of Social Media Audits Â« Web Strategy by Jeremiah Owyang | Social Media, Web Marketing – Good takeaways.
- 19 Reasons You Should Blog And Not Just Tweet – Hereâ€™s why you should make a blog your home base.
- Facebook | Facebook Search Improved for Everyone – Until now only a small group of users were able to test the new Search, which makes it easier to filter different types of content from your friends and any public content from other users…Now you now will be able to search the last 30 days of your News Feed for status updates, photos, links, videos and notes being shared by your friends and the Facebook Pages of which youâ€™re a fan. If people have chosen to make their content available to everyone, you also will be able to search for their status updates, links and notes, regardless of whether or not you are friends. Search results will continue to include peopleâ€™s profiles as well as relevant Facebook Pages, groups and applications.
- SocialToo – Your Companion to the Social Web! – Keep your follower lists in sync across networks, learn more about your relationships, send surveys to your followers and more.
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to my blog
Do you want to send me a private comment about this post via email? No problem, you just need to click here »