- [study] Social Media Communications Skills / Schwartzman & Associates, Inc. – Public relations professionals are taking the lead in managing the organization’s use of social media communications channels, and social media skills are nearly as important as traditional media relations skills when searching for and hiring public relations professionals, according to a new study.
- Productivity and Time Wasters in Social Media – Helpful for you to articulate your goals for social media participation
- 20% of Commercial Emails Not Delivered – Commercial, permissioned emails on average reached only 79.3% of inboxes in the US and Canada during the first half of 2009 (January through June)
- Personas – How does the Internet sees you – Personas is a component of the Metropath(ologies) exhibit, currently on display at the MIT Museum by the Sociable Media Group from the MIT Media Lab. It uses sophisticated natural language processing and the Internet to create a data portrait of one's aggregated online identity. In short, Personas shows you how the Internet sees you.
- Social-Media ROI Elusive: MarketingProfs Poll – Social-media measurement is top of mind among marketers surveyed in an informal poll by MarketingProfs: 47% of respondents say social media measurement is important to them; another 36% say it is somewhat important.
Those findings are not surprising, considering Forrester projects that companies will spend some $3.1 billion annually on social media by 2014 ("US Interactive Marketing Forecast, 2009 to 2014," Forrester Research, July 6, 2009).
However, only 21% of marketers say they are now adequately measuring the impact of social-media campaigns in terms of tangible results, according to the MarketingProfs poll results, released as part of a collection of case studies ("Social Media ROI Success Stories: How 11 companies—like OfficeMax, Nissan, BMC and Microsoft—are listening, engaging and measuring").
- 19 Things Social Media Consultants or Agencies Can’t Teach You – These are things that an organization will have to want to do for themselves in order to be successful in engaging in conversations and building mutually satisfying relationships with customers, prospects and other constituents
- What Makes a Video Viral? – You very rarely see scripted internet videos go viral
- Search less, understand more – Evri – This semantic search engine can now understand how the web feels with the launch of their new sentiment web API
- HOW TO: Use Facebook for Professional Networking – Same tips can be used across other networks too (Friendfeed, etc.)
- 12 Things Newspapers Should Do to Survive – Though there are countless articles and blog posts sprawled across the web about the dying newspaper industry, this will not be one of them…but those who think there is one silver bullet to fix the newspaper business are mistaken.
- Online Video Surges: 11.2 Billion Video Streams in July – Online video is still ballooning at a current rate of 31% per year. There were 135.9 million unique viewers of online video in the last month. If you do the math, that means that the average viewer watched 82.4 streams in July. The numbers also indicate that the average viewer watched online video for 211 minutes during the month.
- [study] Marketers Embrace Newer Media Platforms – 66% of marketers have now used social media in some capacity in 2009. Also not surprising, the top platforms being utilized: Facebook (74%), YouTube (65%), Twitter (63%), LinkedIn (60%). Combined, this usage represents significant growth from 2007, when the same survey indicated that just 20 percent of marketers were using social media.
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to my blog
Do you want to send me a private comment about this post via email? No problem, you just need to click here »