It has been a while since the last time we talked.
Last December my life changed. The past 9 months have been the most intense and painful of my entire life. It will still take time for me to recover completely, but at least now I’m starting to find again the strength to stand up and the drive to rebuild my life. I suffered enough and it’s time for me to start living again.
During the last months I had a lot of time to think about what I’m going to do from now on and I always came back to the same conclusion. Digital strategy is what I’m good at. This is where I can and I want to make a difference. I started to work on a new project and over the coming weeks I’ll share more about it here on my blog, so make sure to grab my newsletter and stay tuned on Twitter @vascellari.
Like I said in December, this is not the right place to talk about what happened to me, but I do want to take a moment to thank all those who have been, and still are, close to me during this period.
Special thanks to:
- My family, for being next to me… always.
- The doctors, Nausica and Maurizio, for literally saving my life when I touched the bottom.
- Eric Schwartzman for being there when no one else was, his wife Celia and his son William, for their love.
- Luca Sartoni and Teymur Madjderey, for being true friends and for helping me when I was lost.
- Brian Solis, for the motivation and for pushing me to stand up again and get back to what I’m really good at.
- John Wall, Stephanie Booth and Simone Brunozzi for the right words said at the right time.
- Bryan Pearson, for reminding me that life is not over and that new opportunities will arise.
- Joseph Jaffe and Mitch Joel, for helping me focus.
- Shel Holtz & Neville Hobson, for believing in me.
- Chris Brogan, for telling me something I never thought of and for helping me get my confidence back.
- Loren Feldman, for reminding me that I’ll end up exactly where I was meant to be.
- Geoff Livingston, Deirdre Breakenridge, Cathleen Rittereiser, DK, Livia Iacolare, Krishna De, Timo Vesiluoma, Jaana Suksi, Helena Etelaaho, Lana Ghvinjilia, Sanja Rastovac, Aurora Chiste, Simone Ardoino, Fabio Lalli, Elmine Winjia, Ritchie Pettauer, Joanna Riley Weidenmiller, Daniel Barradas, Pedro Custodio and Marcelo Pinheiro for their support.
- My team, Nicolas Pin & Sue, Miguel Coleho, Nasan Basanjav, Mitch Canter, Tracy Apps and Annette Schwindt for being wonderful…as usual.
- Arne Hulstein, for reminding me that there is someone up above.
- Tommy Emmanuel and Clara, for the great moments spent together and for teaching me that “you can’t manufacture inspiration”.
- Leroy Emmanuel for teaching me that “if you want the best you have to be the best”.
- Tolo Marton, the KillJoy band and Mario & Rosa of the Swing bar, for giving me the motivation to grab my guitar and get back on stage.
- Popi and Fiorella, for filling my life with happiness.
- My friends around the world, Sakari, Saara, Mikko & Hanna, Antti, Janna, Elhadji, Craig, Severine, Javi, Michelle, Damiano, Fabio & Angela, Elena, Federica, Evelyn, Misasone, Norman, Omar, Matteo, Irene, Nasan, Mauro, Hind, Elena & Ale, Francy, Sandro, Morgan, Samo and Isabelle for making me smile again.
- My Judo friends, Enzo, Raffaele, Spada, Davide, Mirko, Alberto, Matteo, Lorenzo, and all the other companions of thousand battles, for holding my hand, making me step back on the tatami and to get the best out of me.
Thank you all,