Episode: VMC #223 – Branding Today – Keynote Shift Conference
This is the keynote I delivered today at the Shift Conference in Lisbon (Portugal).
The effective promotion of a brand, especially when you ‘do it yourself’ is about the understanding of the new environment in which we operate, the new technologies at our disposal and the way people want to be approached today. The understanding of these three points is fundamental but it doesn’t have to drive our attention away from the brand itself and from the essential aspects that make a brand unique and worthy of attention. Often times people get too caught up in the promotion of a brand without giving the proper attention to what that brand represents overall. The desire to “put stuff out there as fast as possible” without a strategic plan keeping a brand’s fundamental values at the forefront of a promotional campaign is detrimental to the successful marketing of that brand.
Enjoy it! (video and slides below)
April 16-17 I’ll be speaking at SHiFT in Lisbon (Portugal). The theme for the event is ‘Do it Yourself’.
What will I talk about? Well I want to give to the audience what they want and pay for so I thought to crowdsource the topic of my presentation. I’ve already done this in the past and it worked really well.
- What are the challenges you are facing and what do you need help with?
- Are you a small entrepreneur or working in a large organization, what do you want or have to do yourself and you struggling with?
- What do you want me to share with you? Tips? Personal experience? Best practices? Other?
- Any other idea?
Please share what you think and what you need. Here’s why:
- If you are not coming to the event: I’ll try to record my presentation and release it after the event here on my blog and media channel. So your questions will find answers.
- If you are coming to the event: …you get anything you want! My presentation + I’ll be happy to sit down with you after my session and help you with more specific question of challenges you are facing.
My suggestion is: If you can, come to Lisbon and join us. Yes, there’s value in attending events like SHiFT. You’ll find out about new inspiring ideas from other speakers too and you’ll have a chance to grow your network of contacts with new potential partners and clients (you don’t need me to remind you this right? 😉 ).
Let your ideas, questions and requests flow here in the comments or via twitter @vascellari (remember to link back to this post in your tweets so it will be easier to track/manage the conversation. Thanks.)
Disclosure: iTive (my company) is official partner of the event.